Wednesday, March 08, 2006


I now have a working mosaicing algorithm. Here are the pictures.

These are the starting sequence of images. I got them by cropping a set of images I received thanks to kristin branson, a computer science graduate student at ucsd.

These are the four original images after we have found the homography that maps each image into the coordinate system defined by the fourth image.

Finaly, this is the composite mosaic. Currently this is done using a simple method of picking pixels for the final image based on poximity to the centers of the four transformed images. As can be seen this algorithm results in a blank spot in the the mosaic where clearly there are some overlapping images. There are several smarter ways to implement this, but since my focus is on super-resolution that will be lower on my priority list.


Post a Comment

<< Home